Part of the adventure Bushwalk the ‘Gong allows me to discover some awesome businesses and help spread the word about their products! I was delighted to hear that my fellow hiker John Feeney of The Hiking Society and his brother Jim Feeney have taken on a new venture Globewalker, distributing high quality active wear, down sleeping bags and mountaineering gear here in Australia. Given our common interest in hiking, Globewalker sent me a tank top to road test for them.
I was really keen to test the Brubeck Athletic tank top due to its high performance material and attractive design and here is what I learned…
The product is suitable for:
- Snow sports
- Everyday use – activewear
- Basically any activity!
Immediately there are some big pluses for me before even trying it on, the women’s version has no inbuilt bra, which is a good feature as you can customise your support to your activity. Also, the length is great; not to short, and not too long.
I tested with hiking (of course!) and yoga and I chose not to wash between them to see how good this tank rates for all its claims…! Read on to see how it went.
A tank top is the perfect accessory for hiking in any weather, both as a base layer in the colder temperatures and as a cooler option in the hotter months. With such a versatile piece of clothing it’s important to choose a tank that you will get the most mileage out of in any weather.
I tested the Brubeck tank at Mt Kembla Summit on a rainy humid day, out in the elements for about 1.5hrs. It withstood the backpack really well, no chaffing, no riding up and the aeration points in all the right places made it a really comfortable hike. I was cool when it got hot and after rain it dried much faster than the other athletic products on the market. I actually look forward to using it as a thermal layer in the cooler months under a shell. The dual layer materials are really advanced here and made hiking a lot more comfortable… Where have you been all my life Brubeck!?
I find yoga tops are one of the hardest pieces to tick all boxes, often designs are based on look rather than performance and I find tops annoyingly covering my face in inverted poses, zero modesty with low cut tops, tanks riding up or two much straps and seams which are unbearable in ground poses – and then I’m ripping them off with sweat anyway! I need a high coverage, neat fitting, non-moving (firm around the base), breathable top.
Pictures speak a 1000 words here, 60min yoga session… feeling the zen… without the tank top fail…
So the rundown on deciding on purchasing the all inclusive tank top…? It lasted through these activities without a stinky whiff in the air… it stayed super dry, it kept me cool. I can honestly say, there is a real difference between Brubeck performance wear and just another tank top, it’s worth the investment to feel this great in any activity.
- Silky feel and ultra light weight
- The polyester inside layer transfers the moisture away from your skin, whilst the polyamide outside layer prevents your body from overheating
- The relaxed fit and mesh ventilation zones increase cooling effect of fabric, airflow in all the right spots makes hiking that much more enjoyable. Particularly down the spine where your backpack sits, you want maximum air flow to keep you cool.
- Antibacterial and anti-allergenic
- Wide tank straps and a fuller back provide protection under a backpack.
- High neck line ideal for yoga or a base layer
- Discreet reflector panels ideal for running/walking at night
- Several stylish colours
- Distinct men’s and ladies styles
- Looks great on the trails and in the gym
- Stitches are flat and well placed, chafe free with awesome seamless technology
- Odor resistant
- No itchiness
- Specs; 62% BeCool Polyamide, 38% Polyester, Thickness: 152 g/m2
- This is an advanced garment, so needs special care in the laundry – and it deserves it!
So who are Globewalker?
Globewalker is the Australian distributor of European high performance brands suited to elite mountaineers or just ordinary people like me…! Stocking a range from thermals, activewear through to sleeping bags with more products being added every month.
For a limited time Globewalker have provided a special offer for all Bushwalk the ‘Gong followers, 10% off purchases using the code: BUSHWALKGONG10 at www.globewalker.com.au
So get in there and road test the Brubeck tank yourself, I’d love to hear your feedback!
Like this review? If you have a product you would like Bushwalk the ‘Gong to test, contact us here.