How to book a ticket:
Bushwalk the ‘Gong offers free walks around the Wollongong area. There are no joining fees or sign ups you simply just book a walk when they come up. You can follow our events and get notifications on new events, on the below sites;
All walks book out extremely quickly (usually within an hour!) so ensure you book immediately for you and a friend.
Please ensure you check your email address carefully, all information regarding the event is emailed, so add an email address that you have access to on weekends also (check your Facebook email is up to date as it can often auto-update the sign up form).
All walks are covered by insurance under our partnership with the National Parks Association;
- First time walkers are free and covered by insurance through the National Parks Association (NPA). When booking for the second and third walks we request a donation to the NPA which will be converted to a (discounted) 12 month membership on booking for the third walk. Any subsequent walks on the Bushwalk the ‘Gong or NPA programs in the 12 month period will not be charged under the provisions of membership. Donations for a second walk, not converted to a membership, are tax deductible.
- The NPA is a not for profit, non-government, incorporated association. They do not directly charge for walks but do need to comply with the insurance requirements of Bushwalking Australia for people taking part in activities including those such as the joint venture with Bushwalk the ‘Gong.
- Adult 2nd and 3rd walks are $30 + Eventbrite booking fees
- Family 2nd and 3rd walks are $40 + Eventbrite booking fees
Current National Park Association memberships have reserved seating at events to ensure they can use their memberships to the fullest, simply email us to reserve your place on email@example.com.
You can join the NPA by simply making a donation through ticketing. Adults $60, Family $80.
From time to time, the weather is simply not suitable for an enjoyable walk and we need to cancel. Notifications on cancellations are made via the event page on Facebook, it is your responsibility to check for any updates prior to the walk.
We cater for a range of abilities on our walks and we try to provide varied walks for different fitness levels. Each walk will state the approximate distance, time and grade. It’s up to the individual to assess their abilities and decide if the walk is suitable or not. From time to time we do put age restrictions on for the comfort and safety of all walkers.
How often are our walks:
We try to have a walk once a month, from time to time we do have more. We suggest that if people are wanting to be involved in more bushwalking and particulary mid-week, look at joining the National Parks Association – Illawarra Branch, they have weekly bushwalks and activities such as kayaking.
The Fine Print:
- All information collected is for insurance purposes only.
- There are no refunds for cancellations, but credits can go towards your next walk.
- Expired NPA memberships require renewing in order to be eligible for insurance.
- Bushwalk the ‘Gong does not allow people not covered by insurance to attend any walks
- All persons under 16 years must have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to attend the walk. It is expected that all carers are responsible for all children on the walks.
Any other questions? Let us know so we can add your questions to this page for the benefit of others.